512 Pixels is just part of what I do for a living. Here are some of the other things that keep me busy each week.
Relay FM & Podcasts
I’m the co-founder of Relay FM, an independent podcast network for people who are creative, curious and maybe even a little obsessive.
We have shows with topics ranging from Apple and Google to pens and feelings and get to work with some of the best people in the business.
I cohost several podcasts on Relay FM. The first two cover technology:
- Connected is a weekly panel discussion on Apple and the impact of technology on our lives. I cohost it with Myke Hurley and Federico Viticci of MacStories. We each have a unique accent and perspective, making Connected special.
- Mac Power Users has been around since 2009. In 2019, I joined David Sparks as his new co-host. On MPU, we interview interesting guests, dive deep into nerdy topics and more.
My other shows are nerdy, but not about technology outright:
- Liftoff is a fortnightly podcast about space, the universe, and everything. My cohost Jason Snell and I believe that you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to be excited about this stuff.
- Ungeniused is a show dedicated to covering the weirdest articles found on Wikipedia. Myke and I dive into the strange corners of the world’s most amazing website so you don’t have to.
- Somehow I Manage is an Office re-watch podcast that I co-host with Tiff Arment over on The Incomparable.
I host Apple history videos and other nerdy content on the 512 Pixels YouTube channel. Go subscribe!
You can see a list of gear I use here.
Book: ‘Aqua and Bondi’
Apple History Library
Over the years, I’ve written a lot about the history of Apple and its products, and not just those in my collection. This page is a handy way to navigate all those articles. Below are a couple of highlights:
macOS Wallpapers in 5K
Every default macOS wallpaper, with the old ones remastered for our modern Retina age.
The Aqua Screenshot Library
I have assembled a detailed screenshot collection of every major version of OS X.