512 Pixels is just part of what I do for a living. Here are some of the other things that keep me busy each week.
Relay FM & Podcasts
I’m the co-founder of Relay FM, an independent podcast network for people who are creative, curious and maybe even a little obsessive.
We have shows with topics ranging from Apple and Google to pens and feelings and get to work with some of the best people in the business.
I cohost several podcasts on Relay FM. The first two cover technology:
- Connected is a weekly panel discussion on Apple and the impact of technology on our lives. I cohost it with Myke Hurley and Federico Viticci of MacStories. We each have a unique accent and perspective, making Connected special.
- Mac Power Users has been around since 2009. In 2019, I joined David Sparks as his new co-host. On MPU, we interview interesting guests, dive deep into nerdy topics and more.
- Flashback is a podcast with Quinn Nelson of YouTube channel Snazzy Labs fame. On it, we look at failed tech products to see what we can learn by studying their demises.
My other shows are nerdy, but not about technology outright:
- Liftoff is a fortnightly podcast about space, the universe, and everything. My cohost Jason Snell and I believe that you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to be excited about this stuff.
- Ungeniused is a show dedicated to covering the weirdest articles found on Wikipedia. Myke and I dive into the strange corners of the world’s most amazing website so you don’t have to.
- Somehow I Manage is an Office re-watch podcast that I co-host with Tiff Arment over on The Incomparable.
I host Apple history videos and other nerdy content on the 512 Pixels YouTube channel. Go subscribe!
You can see a list of gear I use here.
Book: ‘Aqua and Bondi’
Apple History Library
Over the years, I’ve written a lot about the history of Apple and its products, and not just those in my collection. This page is a handy way to navigate all those articles. Below are a couple of highlights:
macOS Wallpapers in 5K
Every default macOS wallpaper, with the old ones remastered for our modern Retina age.
The Aqua Screenshot Library
I have assembled a detailed screenshot collection of every major version of OS X.