The Iconfactory has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund development of a new version of its Mac Twitter client:
Twitterrific for Mac was first released 10 years ago way back in 2007 and had regular updates until 2013. Development of Twitterrific has continued exclusively on iOS since then, but many of us still use Twitterrific on the desktop – despite it missing many recent Twitter features and Twitterrific for iOS refinements. It is time we fixed this, but we need your help!
If funded at the $75,000 goal, Twitterrific for Mac will be a minimal Twitter client. If the stretch goal of $100,000 is hit, these features will be included:
- Direct messaging
- Read, create, delete saved searches
- Read lists
- Built-in Twitter search
- Built-in quick media viewer (images, GIFs, videos)
- Built-in conversation and threaded tweet viewer
- Built-in viewer for user profiles
- Alt-text attachment when tweeting images
- Searching for and getting suggested users while composing
I’d argue that most of those features should be part of any Twitter client, so I’m hoping that they can hit that $100,000.
While I’ve been a happy Tweetbot user for a long time, I backed this. Twitterrific was a great Mac app, and some real competition in this space would be good for everyone.