- Apple Music: HomePod users can ask Siri to play any of over 45 million songs available on Apple Music. A subscription is required.
- iTunes Music: HomePod users can ask Siri to play any songs, albums, or audiobooks they have previously purchased from the iTunes Store.
- iCloud Music Library: HomePod users can ask Siri to play any songs uploaded to a user’s iCloud Music Library, including songs imported from other sources such as CDs, with an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription.
- Beats 1: HomePod users can ask Siri to play Apple’s official radio station that is apparently still a thing.
- Podcasts: HomePod users can ask Siri to play podcasts from the Apple Podcasts directory.
- AirPlay: HomePod users can use AirPlay to play other audio from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, and Mac. AirPlay 2, coming later this year, is only required to stream audio from these sources to multiple HomePods.
It’s silly that there was so much confusion over this, but I’m glad Apple has documented this for customers. This whole product launch has been unusual.