Some quick numbers because I’m not making charts anymore:
- Revenue: $62.9 billion, up 20% year-over-year
- Services revenue reached an all-time high of $10 billion
- 46.9 million iPhones were sold, basically flat over last year, but revenue for the iPhone was up 29%.
- 19.7 million iPads were sold, down 6% YOY
- 5.3 million Macs were sold, down 2% YOY
- “Other products” saw 31% growth.
Remember, this quarter ended at the end of September, so it doesn’t include the iPhone XR, or any new Macs or iPads.
There are some big changes coming to future reports:
Apple says it will no longer report iPhone, iPad, and Mac unit sales starting in the December quarter. It will also be renaming its "Other Products" category to "Wearables, Home, and Accessories" — it'll still include the likes of Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, AirPod, Beats…
— Joe Rossignol (@rsgnl) November 1, 2018