This article describes the differences between the PowerBook G3 Series (Bronze keyboard) introduced in May, 1999, and earlier PowerBook G3 Series computers.
There are a number of visual cues for distinguishing the new PowerBook G3 Series.
- The keyboard and trackpad button have a bronze or mocha color.
- The inside display bezel has a white Apple logo at the top.
- The rear ports are all enclosed by the I/O door and the modem port is now in the rear of the unit.
- There are two USB ports.
- It has a single, manual eject PC card slot which supports Type I and II PC cards.
- The display clamshell latch mechanism release is on the base of the PowerBook instead of the clamshell.