I’ve had my 10.5″ iPad Pro for just about a week now, and while I’m not really ready to a full review of it, I do have a bunch of miscellaneous thoughts I wanted to share:
- The additional screen size is nice, but it’s not a game-changer. As Federico wrote, if you are a 12.9″ iPad Pro user, this probably isn’t for you. The experience is very much like that of the 9.7″ model.
- The 120Hz refresh rate makes me feel super weird. I got queasy after about 15 minutes of use. Any time something scrolled, it was like my brain was vibrating. Thankfully, there’s an Accessibility setting to cap the screen at 60 framers per second. While this is perhaps the headline feature of this iPad, I’m still going to keep the device for the speed and ability to run three apps under iOS 11.
- Fast charging is really nice to have, but Apple should include the required charger in the box.
- The revised Smart Keyboard, while not much wider than the one that I have on my old 9.7″ iPad Pro, is just larger enough to make a real difference in typing. I feel a lot more comfortable with it than I did the old one.
The camera is much improved.LOL, I don’t take photos with my iPad.
- This thing is just begging for iOS 11 to be installed on it.