Here’s what to expect:
- Music that you’ve imported or purchased will be in the new Apple Music app.
The iTunes Store will still be available to buy music on Mac, iOS, PC, and Apple TV.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod backup, restore, and syncing will move to Finder.
- Movies and TV shows that you purchased or rented from iTunes will be in the new Apple TV app.
- Use the Apple TV app for Mac for future movie and TV purchases or rentals.
- Podcasts that you subscribed to or added to iTunes will now be in the new Apple Podcasts app.
- Audiobooks that you purchased from iTunes will now be in the updated Apple Books app.
- Use Apple Books for Mac for future audiobook purchases.
- iTunes Gift Cards and iTunes credits will be maintained and can be used with the new apps and the App Store.
While I am sure some people will miss iTunes, I’m excited by this new direction.