One of the new features on the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro is MagSafe, a series of magnets in the new iPhones and a bunch of accessories that work with them.
A few things I noticed on that page:
- The stand-alone $39 MagSafe charging puck is compatible with every phone back to the iPhone 8, but also wirelessly-charging AirPod cases.
- The MagSafe cases don’t have a lip that extends above the front glass; they stop at the edge of the glass. The back of the Clear Case with MagSafe is … kind of ugly.
- I may finally become an iPhone wallet person.
- There don’t seem to be any leather MagSafe-compatible cases on Apple’s website. In fact, at this point, there are no leather cases for the iPhone 12 family, best I can tell.
- The iPhone and Apple Watch “Duo Charger” isn’t on the site yet, either. Hopefully it doesn’t follow in the AirPower’s footsteps … or in the PowerBook Duo’s, really.
Update: A note on Apple’s site says additional accessories, including leather cases, will be coming later.